Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Quick Update
I had my weekly doctor's appointment this morning and everything is still moving along perfectly. I am still 3+ dilated. I guess I probably won't dilate any further until actual labor starts. Moms who are on their 4th or 5th child sometimes will dilate to 5 before labor starts but that is not too common. At this point we are just waiting for the effacement to be complete and then labor should be triggered. I thought I was 100% effaced but I guess I was a bit confused with what the doc and I discussed last time. I am actually about 50% effaced but have lost the "plug" which is a great sign that labor will start any day now. The rest of effacement could take hours or days...no way to really tell. At this point it's up to Henry on when he wants to enter the world. The great news is he is sitting at minus 1 (how far down his head is in your pelvic) which is fantastic! The further down he is the easier the pushing will be. I have another acupuncture appointment on Friday to help move things along if he hasn't arrived by then. Otherwise, I go back to the doctor early next week and will update you all then. Until then I am going to try to take advantage of some quiet time. Enjoy the rest of your week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment