This week I made the decision to be a full time stay at home mom. After 5 months of maternity leave I have had a lot of time to dig deep and do some soul searching on if going back to work or staying at home is the right path to take. I officially gave my notice and am truly excited to be at home with my beautiful little boy.
Ever since I was 16 yrs old I have had a job (with a paycheck) and to make this transition is exciting and scary at the same time. I have always been someone who likes to know I can take care of myself at any given time and the idea of not having income coming in and relying solely on my husband took me awhile to swallow. However, I will say I am jumping in with two feet and fully trust Chris to take care of us financially, emotionally, etc. He is a wonderful husband and father and we are constantly learning more and more each day about what it means to be parents and true partners. I am thankful that I have a man in my life that supports me to take this leap and cherish every moment with Henry as he grows up. I have not always been the most trusting of the men in my life and Chris really has helped me understand and know with all my heart and soul that I can trust and rely on him. That may sound simple to most but to me trust has been one of my obstacles. It feels good to really truly trust my spouse and to let go of always having to take care of myself and allowing him to take care of us. At the same time I do believe it is always important to look out for yourself but that doesn’t have to be financially. It could simply mean some quiet time each day, taking time to see close friends, a spa trip, whatever it is that refreshes you and gives you a burst of energy. Self love is so important. If you don’t take care of you, you can’t take care of those around you to your best of your ability.
Anyway, I have a sense of relief to finally have made this big decision and am so thrilled for what’s to come. Being a mom is the hardest job I have ever had but also the most rewarding. There really are no words to describe how incredible it is to be a parent.
So here’s to being Henry’s mommy, Chris wifey and self love! Thanks Microsoft for all the wonderful years. I learned more in 4 years than I ever expected and you can bet I will be back one day. So don’t think for one second you have gotten rid of me as there will be a round two in the future! ;o)
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so excited for you! Staying home with the littles can be very difficult, and sometimes a little tedious, but it really is worth it. It is hard to rely on someone else, and for me, it took some getting used to. But the rewards to your family really are great. And your little man will benefit from having his mommy full-time. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to call or even just email.
What an empowering post. I am so excited that you made the decision and know that you will be much happier that you did. Cheers to many fun days ahead with you and Henry.
Congrats, Misty-everyone knows being a stay at home Mom is the most rewarding job there is ;). I think you've made a brave and great decision and keep in mind it doesn't have to be forever, just for now whilst you enjoy every single precious little moment with Henry. Enjoy!
That's awesome Mist!!! I'm oroud of you for making such a HUGE decision to stay home with him. Getting to see each and every milestone he reaches will be the best feeling in the world! XO
Post a Comment