Monday, May 17, 2010

"O" Cookies

I am always on the hunt for new tasty snacks/meals for Henry that are also healthy and easy for him to eat at his age. I came across these "O" Cookies and it was a hit! He loved them. We love them and they are actually somewhat healthy for a snack cookie. Here is the recipe below but also check out the website Weelicious for other great recipes including this one.

"O" Cookies:

1/2 cup Nut Butter (Almond, Peanut or Sunflower) **I prefer Almond Butter
1/2 cup Rice Syrup (can be tricky to find but I found some Organic Brown Rice Syrup in the natural food section)
4 cups of O's cereal (you can use Cheerios, Trader Joe's Toasted O's or any other O's you prefer)

1. Combine the nut butter and rice syrup in a sauce pan over low/medium heat until becomes smooth and warmed.
2. Place the cereal in a bowl
3. Pour the warm nut butter/rice syrup mixture into the bowl with the cereal and stir to combine.
4. Shape into cookies (You can use a tablespoon to portion out or and ice cream scooper). Place on an ungreased pan and pat down into bars, As the O's mixture cools it will harden.
5. Serve and enjoy!

Note: This makes a lot of cookies. If you want to reduce the entire recipe by half you will still get a lot of cookies, especially if you make smaller size portions with a tablespoon vs. an ice cream scoop.

No comments: