Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2.5

On the 21st Henry will be 2 1/2 years old and what a beautiful 2 1/2 years it has been.  As I sit here trying to dig up the perfect words to describe what this little man means to us, all I can do is smile.  I think I can speak for all his family (and even some close friends too) that he truly brings so much more fullness to our lives.  I cannot imagine not having that special spark he brings on a daily basis.  I feel blessed to call him my son.  Truly blessed.  I mean how could I be so lucky that he picked me to be his mama?  So lucky I feel and so much I have yet to learn from this beautiful soul.
It truly is incredible to witness your children take in the world and really "see" what they see.  One of my favorite parts of the day is sitting down with Chris telling him all the stories of the day.  It always entails something Henry has said.  The things that come out of this kids mouth is absolutely hysterical and leaves us hiding our heads half the time to not let him see our chuckles or I find myself busting up laughing even in quiet moments alone as my mind drifts back to these memories.  I often think I should bring a pen and paper with me so I can jot these down and save for us to look back on one day.  They really are that good. 

As for what's new at 2.5 well here are a few things that come to mind...

- He now can fully ride his trike by himself and pedals really fast!
- This past month he has started having pretend play with his toys.  I often hide around the corner to just listen as he changes back and forth from one character to the other with his trucks, dinosaurs, etc.  The best part is he changes his tone of his voice.  So funny. 
- At Little Gym (a class he has been a part of since he was 5 mo's old) he is becoming more brave and has started getting up on the balance beam and balancing all by himself.  I've gotten him to take a step or two as well but he's a bit nervous still about moving.  The look in his eye as  he stands tall all by himself up "really high" is priceless.  So proud of himself.  He is also trying to perfect that forward roll all by himself too.  See a theme here?  This class truly has taught him a lot about self confidence, sharing with others, putting toys away/transitioning to the next activity, independence and he has (as well as I) developed some beautiful friendships.  I cannot imagine not being a part of our Little Gym Family.
- He often tells us he's a farmer and knows exactly where he works, Carpinito Bro's, and believe it or not knows EXACTLY what to do when out on the farm with dad.  Amazing.  He can spot a topsoil screener a mile away, knows exactly what every type of farming/construction truck is and is the first to correct his mother if I call it the wrong name.  My bad.  I love that he carries the same passion for the family business his dad has.  The kid was just born to be a farmer!  I will be shocked if this is not the path he chooses one day.  I mean what kid would prefer to go ride a forklift vs. a carousel if they were sitting right next to each other?  Yep, mine and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyway, little monkey mommy will hold all these beautiful memories we are making together so very close to my heart for the rest of my life.  You have so much to give this world and I cannot wait to share the journey ahead.  So proud to be your mama.  Love you bigger than the sky!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy two and a half, H! Sounds like you have one special little boy x

Brenda said...

2 & 1/2...wow. It really does fly by. He is such a smart/funny guy. Big hugs, H.