Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"M" Word....

I've taken a few basic/intro to digital photography classes and have gained a lot of tips along the way. But, I'll bring home notes and notes and notes and they just stay buried in the bottom of my camera bag. I vow each time to practice and really start using my camera the way it is suppose to be used and get my own creative touch in my photos. However, for some reason (I don't know maybe my two little monkeys hanging on me all day long) I don't practice. So, what do I do...allow the camera to use it's brain and use in auto or pretty darn close to auto. So I discovered this great group, Mamas With Cameras, signed up for their class about using your camera in manual with live models and walked away feeling much more confident to give this a whirl. I often feel like I'm going to miss the moment if I'm trying to put together a puzzle piece of scientific data each time but really it's not so bad. Just a few key things to remember and just getting comfortable with my camera. Yes, the practice thing. I'm on it. I am proud of my photos I got out of the class with the live models (babies!) in manual mode with little if any post processing and gained the confidence to learn more and starting using MY brain not the cameras! Here are a few of my favorite pics I took during the class:






1 comment:

Brooke said...

These are fantastic Misty. I'm super impressed.