Monday, November 21, 2011
I'm still alive....
To say I've been pushed to my max is an understatement. I just survived 15 days of driving this ship solo while Chris was hunting up in Kodiak, Alaska. This following the 6 weeks prior of 7 day work weeks from sun up to after sun down for my husband. It's been a long long fall so far. I survived. It may not have been pretty at all times but I survived and do not want to go through that again. Awful and beautiful at the same time. Awful feeling wiped out that just getting through each hour was all I could do to keep my sanity. Single parenting is the absolute hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life. But it was beautiful as I think it taught us all a hard lesson that more balance in our lives is necessary for the greater good of the family. Not just mama bear but the little cubs we have too. We missed daddy. We missed daddy a lot. Daddy missed us a lot. So, I'm hopeful that this crazy farm life schedule we have 75% of the year will change a bit in the future. It will always be hard. There will always be long days. But there is wiggle room to make some changes. So cheers to changes. Cheers to surviving. Cheers to all you single parents out there...you really do rock. Cheers to my wonderful husband who has been "on" with the kids these past few days and I feel rested and got to cook/bake all afternoon. My happy place. :o
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh My Gosh Misty I bet that was so hard!!! I am sure you did amazing though!
Post a Comment