Monday, January 26, 2009

"Firsts"

With the arrival of baby Henry we have had a lot of "firsts" this past weekend. Every day is a new adventure of learning and growing (him and us). He really is the greatest joy of my life. Even as tired as I am I have a hard time closing my eyes as all I want to do is stare at his beautiful face. This morning I had him laying in the middle of us for a few minutes in his infant positioner. He and Chris were fast asleep and all I could do was stare at them and smile. Chris woke up and looked over and I said "you two have the same profile." He looked at me and said "babe you really need to get some sleep." I think I need to take the advice of my husband as I am running on low fuel. So hard to pull yourself away from their every move.

Anyway, Saturday marked the first night we spent just the 3 of us. Things went really well and we all got some sleep. I am pretty sure I once again got the least amount of sleep but when you are the one breastfeeding their isn't a whole lot to do about that. Henry wakes up to eat every 3 hours or so for the most part. We definitely have a couple long hours in the middle of the night between feeding. changing poopy diapers, feeding again after being woken up after a diaper change and cuddled back to sleep. However, their is this new found adrenaline you get when you are a mom. No matter how tired you are you just kick in gear because you want to do the very best for your little one. Last night we were alone the 3 of us again and it also went well. I need to fine tune a few things as I am sure we could get a bit more efficient with a few things but overall we are adjusting well.
Here are some photos of Henry "firsts" this past weekend:
Bath time with each grandma:
Nap time with daddy:
And mommy - pardon the nursing shirt:

Enjoying his chair while the adults enjoy a yummy meal by Grandma Carol:
Meeting his Great Grandma Ardy:And, Auntie Robynn:

And, now for the not so fun part. Today we had Henry circumcised. I chose to not go in the room and Carol went in for me. He did really well but was definitely not a very happy baby after. It really just broke my heart. I feel so bad for him and a bit overwhelmed as now I have to make sure I take good care of his boy parts until it fully heals. I know this is nothing new but it is for me (us) and I can't help but feel heart broken for causing him some pain today that really isn't necessary. Anyway, he will soon be all better and we can forget this experience all together!

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh he is sooooo sweet! Keep the pics coming!

The Haigh's said...

His complexion is great - You guys made a beautiful baby.

Stacie said...

He is seriously so cute!!!! Get some sleep Mist so you can enjoy your anniversary tomorrow!! xo

Keri said...

What a beautiful boy! I love the picture of him in the Coug hat! Can't wait to meet him!