Tuesday, January 6, 2009
One step closer....
I just got back from the doctor and have great news! I am continuing to dilate and am now at 3+ (almost at 4 but not quite). He was able to stretch me to 4 but I am sitting a tad under 4 on my own. I am 100% effaced and baby just needs to drop a bit more. The doctor said he can tell I have a high pain tolerance since I am almost at 4 and doing just fine. It was nice to have someone validate the intensity of the contractions I have been having these past several days. I have certainly noticed the change and am glad to have the confirmation that my body is in fact progressing along. The doc actually said I am moving more at a pace of a second time mom in that I am slowly progressing along vs. first time moms either don't have any dilation until right close to labor or sit at a lower dilation for sometime with little progression. This doesn't necessarily mean I will have an easier labor but it does give some hope that things could move a bit faster for us. (PLEASE!!!! That would be so nice!). Baby Henry is still in the right position and the doc thought that based on my pelvic bone (width) that I should have a good labor. Once again great news! I have always been told I have child bearing hips...now it's time to put them in action! Of course we can't predict exactly when Henry will enter the world but our guess is sometime in the next 7 - 10 days. I go back on Tuesday and will update you all then. Until then please send us positive thoughts of a fast and safe delivery! XOXO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Mist, that's SO exciting!! I'll be thinking good baby thoughts for you! I hope we can still meet up next week! I'll stay tuned to see how you're doing! XO
Ahhh, I guess it's official, his name is Henry!? I didn't even notice you changed the blog name until right now! Yay, so cute!! :)
I would love to see you next week. Do you have my mobile number still? Keep me posted on Kel, just heard she went into labor today. So exciting! Babies, babies and more babies! :o)
Hang in there momma! :)
Yay!! I have been thinking about you guys wondering when??? 4 cm and still going strong - way to go. Can't wait to here more, so exciting! Sounds like he will be ready any day now..
We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! How exciting! Remember to keep yourself well rested and not exhaust yourself. You'll need your energy for active labor.
Oh! I'm so excited to see pictures of little Henry!
So exciting!! You will do great! Can't wait to see pictures of Baby Henry! :)
Sounds like you are going to be a Mom any day now, very exciting. Happy to hear all is progressing so well, nice to hear positive labor stories rather then the not so positive ones. Good luck!
Post a Comment