Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend Rewind

I have been getting so many phone calls that I thought I would post an update as to Baby Henry's arrival. Basically, we are still waiting! I mean how long can someone be dilated to 4cm..seriously!?! But, I am still early so have no room to complain. He is getting big and his feet are really starting to do some damage to my ribs that's for sure. Overall, I am just getting more and more uncomfortable as the days go on but thankful that things are moving along smoothly. I go back to the doc on Tuesday (he is back from Hawaii so we can go into labor anytime now!) and will update you all then. Until then I will still have to say "it's not the call" every time I call one of the grandparents...really funny how anxious the family is getting.

As for our weekend, I tried to keep moving around as much as possible so gravity might help bring Henry to the world! Friday was my acupuncture appointment where we tried a few points to induce labor. I go back again on Monday so hoping it will help keep things progressing forward. We also went to see Gran Tarino (the new Clint Eastwood movie) and we both really loved it. I didn't expect to hear so many "slang words" but overall the story was great. Saturday was spent at our cousin Ryan's 6th b-day party at the bowling alley. I had so much fun with the youngsters and it made me even more excited to be a mom and show our little man all the fun hobbies we enjoy (we both have our own bowling balls!) Today my parents and I went to the Woodland Park Zoo as it was gorgeous outside and I wanted to do some walking around. I had no idea that there was a newborn Gorilla. It was really neat to watch her with her mama. She was very playful and climbed right on her moms back for a ride up the tree to sit in the sun. Really cute. Gorillas are by far my favorite animals to watch as they just have no manners at all and each have their very own attitude. I won't describe some of the things they were doing today but it always gets a good laugh out of the crowd, especially little kids who love to yell out loud exactly what they are seeing to their parents. Pretty funny. My parents have season passes to the zoo and frequently go there to get a good walk in. I look forward to sharing this experience with Henry some day real soon!

2 comments:

Jen said...

All the waiting must be killing you! Will be checking daily for updates, surely he will be here any day now! Good luck x

Blyth Family Blog said...

I've been thinking about you and hope little Henry comes out ASAP for your sanity!! Love you!