Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today I got to celebrate my first mother's day and it was absolutely the most perfect day! Given that our family has a nursery it is one of the busiest days of the year so Chris had to work today. But, Henry and I were able to spend the day with my mom and as usual she spoiled Henry and I. I kicked off the day with a facial and a jog at Green Lake. After my alone time, my mom, Henry and I headed out for brunch. Henry is becoming a pro at eating out in public and is so fun as he just smiles at every one and is quite the flirt. Henry even got me a card (all translated through nauna). My mom also got us a gift card for a local photographer to get family portraits taken this summer. I can't wait! After we spent the day with my mom Henry and I headed back home to meet dad. Chris made me one of my favorite meals, Seafood Fettuccine. He and Henry also let me pick out a locket and I ordered the heart shape Tiffany's locket that should be here soon! I am so excited to get my necklace and put pics of my boys inside to wear close to my heart. It really was a perfect 1st Mother's Day and I feel so special. I really love my life and our family. I can't wait for all the adventures ahead.

And, a BIG thank you to my mom for a lifetime of love. You truly are the most amazing woman I have ever met in my life and I get to call you my mom. The love and passion you have for life is contagious to all those around you. You have always been there for me, challenged me to be my best, cheered me on from the sidelines, taught me to always keep my chin up and to always love myself and be proud of the woman I have become. I would not be who I am today if it weren't for you. I love you with all my heart.

No comments: