Monday, November 23, 2009
Double Digits
This past Saturday (21st) Henry officially hit double digits and is 10 months old! I cannot believe we are that close to his first birthday. So, what's new with the little (big) man? He has been sleeping through the night 90% of the time over the past 2 weeks. FINALLY! It has been a long road to get to this point but he is doing great. After my trip to Vegas he just seemed to fall right into a rhythm of sleeping through the night and taking two long naps a day. I think after being away from his own bed for several days made him appreciate his own space and realize just how comfy his own bed is. He goes to bed awake, playing alone for a few minutes and puts himself to sleep. He has 5 teeth and one more (the other front middle tooth) on the way. These top middle ones seem to bother him the most. I am looking forward to this other top one breaking through so he can have a little break. He has moved from not only walking along furniture but pushing his wooden walker across the living room. If he is holding onto something he will walk but he is not ready to walk on his own or just with one hand holding yours. But I must say he is progressing very quickly and it's so fun to watch. He is constantly talking. While he doesn't know any words aside from dada and mama, he really looks at you and tries to hold a conversation. So funny. I have a feeling he will be constantly chatting with me as he grows up and telling us all kinds of big stories. And, his personality continues to light up the room. He has the best laugh and smile I have ever experienced in my life. Honestly I really don't know how anyone could be so happy. As his big personality expands so does his desire to have anything and everything and when mama says "no" or takes something away he is not a happy camper and has shown a few glimpses of what kind of temper tantrum we are in for. I am really trying to talk to him about this and not laugh, not get mad but simply talk about his actions and why he should not behave that way. I know he doesn't understand yet but I am really trying to get in a habit of talking logically to him so he will find a way to understand the why's. I have a feeling I will be asking for advice on this topic in the future. But, for now he really continues to be the light of our lives and we are so thankful each and every day for this beautiful little bundle we get to call our son. Dada is also really getting into a rhythm with Henry. They have so much fun playing together and I only see this getting even better. Chris asked me the other day at what age do I think Henry will be ready to go fishing. Haha. He is really excited to have his mini me by his side reeling in the big fish. Chris is also able to be home a lot more now. Now that we have passed the busiest time of year at the farm, he actually is home at a normal time and around on the weekends. While Christmas trees start next weekend it is still a heck of a lot better and I have so been enjoying more time with my family all together. The 7 day a week 12 - 14 hours days is so not fun. Anyway, as we approach Thanksgiving this week I wish you all a wonderful time with your loved ones. We are so thankful for each and every one of you. Remember to live in each moment, savor every last bit of it and take a moment or two to remind those that you love just how important they are to you. Happy Turkey Day, XOXO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sweet post, I can't believe he's already so old!!
Wow, how fast is he growing up? Now all we need is some of your latest pics. Sounds like he's keeping you busy and no doubt we will be looking to you not so soon for advice on how to juggle these active little babies! Have a great Thanksgiving x
What a little man now. I wish I could hear his laugh. :)
Post a Comment