Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Smiling from ear to ear....

That's right today has been a great day! We just reached our first major milestone with baby #2! No matter what we have a viable pregnancy. Obviously we don't want to deliver anytime soon but if things were to take a turn as of right now the survival rate in the hospital is about 80%. Our little one checked out today in the 81st percentile in growth, sitting at 2 lbs and 4 oz. Which ironically is exactly right where Henry was at this point. I also have gained the exact amount of weight as last time as well (even though I feel much much larger). Everything is growing just as it should and we could not be happier to finally reach this major milestone. I thought I would be counting down the days until I got to this point (roughly 26 weeks - on Monday) but honestly Henry has kept me so busy that time has flown by. It's really nice to have such a wonderful distraction! ;o) Below is a beautiful profile of our little angel at 25 weeks 1 day.
Moving forward is going to be a bit crazy. I go in for another ultrasound/doc appointment in 3 weeks (same routine we have been doing). But, then 3 weeks after that (32 weeks), I start weekly fetal heart rate monitor appointments/ultrasounds as needed/doc check-ups. That means a good couple hours every week with a machine strapped to me for 30 minutes. The reason behind this is due to the hemorrhage and the massive amount of blood I lost. Once I get to 32 weeks that's when complications can really kick in and we need to stay on top of the little one to ensure the best possible entrance to the world. Good news, doc doesn't want me to progress past 39 weeks so if my body hasn't kicked into labor before then I will be induced (assuming the game plan doesn't change between now and then). I had Henry at 38 1/2 weeks and typically 2nd pregnancies are much faster so if things go as we hope my body will kick into delivery on it's own sometime mid-August. To finally start talking delivery with the doc really was a reality check. We are going to have another baby! I am so excited and scared for 2 under 2! Life is just going to be one crazy ride from here on out, but I love every minute of it and wouldn't change a thing. Until next time, keep a praying for Baby Carp #2!

4 comments:

The Haigh's said...

She looks like a girl...I know it.

Stacie said...

Thinking good thoughts for the coming weeks. Hang in there!!

The Weber Family said...

I am voting boy....but I guess only time will tell! Cant wait to meet him/her. =)

Jen said...

So pleased for you and baby, Misty-sounds like all is going well and like you say, before you know it baby #2 will be here! Enjoy your summer with Henry and take care of yourself x