Tuesday, June 29, 2010
So Big!
Today we had another check up for Baby Carp #2 and he/she is SO BIG! I am 31 weeks 1 day and baby is measuring 5 lbs 3 oz...2 lbs bigger than last month! Crazy! This explains why I feel so huge! But as the doc explained this is right in line with Henry and the baby is healthy as can be. The whole concern from my hemorrhage was growth decline and so far this baby is exceeding expectations. Another thing he shared with me was that in the last month he has had two other patients with a similar hemorrhage like I did and he has been sharing our success story to give them hope. This really warmed my heart as if I have learned anything from pregnancy/parenthood is that sharing and learning from other women is truly the key to finding inner peace when things do not go as smoothly as you hoped or when you need to share the simple milestone most wouldn't care about if they weren't a mom too. So glad we have been able to touch other parents lives in their journey to expanding their families. Lastly, our little one is no longer breech! Yippee! I just knew last week those really painful strange movements (unlike anything I have felt before) was the baby turning and sure enough baby is in head down position which means no talk of a c-section and we have great odds of a natural delivery. Next week we start the weekly stress tests and will continue this for the duration of the pregnancy but likely will not have another ultrasound until the end of July. I have been getting used to checking in on the little one every 3 weeks but I am relieved to give baby a break from all the poking and prodding for a bit. I just can't wait to meet this new addition to our family and find out if we are having a little Carp or Carpette join the clan! Is it a Ruby Claire or an Oliver "Oly" Christopher...only time will tell! But mama thinks boy! Daddy is on the fence. And, Henry thinks girl...that's right he picked out his own square on our gender baby pool game all by himself and it was a girl! Nothing like teaching a 17 month old how to gamble. Haa...fits right in with our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Not too long to go now, Misty! Bet you guys are so excited about the new addition to your family. Glad all is well with baby, I'm guessing boy! x
That is great news. I find out today how big my baby is.
Post a Comment