Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekend Recap

What an eventful past few days we have had. We kicked things off with my close girlfriend from high school Katie's wedding in Seattle Friday night. We had a great time mingling with some old friends of mine and enjoying some adult time. Henry's nauna & bapa kept him overnight so we could have probably what will be our last overnight before we become a family of 4. Henry did great and slept better during this overnight than he ever has; in his own bed all night long and two naps the following day. Amazing! This never happens unless he is at home. I really hope this means we are turning a corner with him being able to sleep well at other places. It would make life sooo much easier sometimes.

Picture of me at almost 30 weeks headed to the wedding:
Saturday Henry and I hung out with nauna & bapa and decided to take a trip to the local toy store and picked him up his very first tricycle! He is in love! I have been eyeing this model for some time now and am so excited to finally have it parked in the garage for him to enjoy. Today, Father's Day, marked Chris' second Father's Day. We had a nice low key morning at home and then headed over to Grandpa Dan's for the evening festivities. Henry must have known it was Father's Day as all he wanted this afternoon/evening was his dad. I could barely hold him and daddy certainly could not leave his eye sight. He has never done this before and I think it made Chris feel special but certainly exhausted by the end of the night. Mommy is usually the first choice but not today! It actually made me smile at times for one being he just loves his daddy so much and two that daddy got a taste of what my day to day life can be like. ;o) I think the funniest part was that when Henry got too fussy on a few occasions the whole family busted out with the Happy Birthday song and this calmed him down immediately. Funny what works sometimes.

1 comment:

baby g said...

You look amazing! Sounds like a fun weekend. XOXO