We are 33 1/2 weeks prego and really feel like we have hit the homestretch. For the past 2 weeks I have been going to the doc 2x week for stress tests and today had an ultrasound as well. Baby is doing amazing! Sitting right at 6 lbs 4 oz we have officially been given the clear that the concern of low birth weight is completely out of the question. Now it's just a matter of continuing to monitor the stress level and amniotic fluid to ensure the womb stays in perfect condition to nurture our little one. So far things could not be better. Doc thinks we are looking at a baby slightly smaller than Henry if we continue the same trends. Henry was 8.5 lbs and 21 3/4 inches long. So looks like we are gonna get another solid kid! I am really getting excited and trying to soak up all the free time I have with Henry & Chris before our newborn takes over for a bit. ;o)
On another note, Henry continues to show a lot of interest in babies and mommy's baby. From trying to rock other babies, to kissing them, to feeding them their bottles, to feeding his stuffed animals his sippy cups or paci's, to kissing my belly to even today taking the ultrasound pictures out of my hands and saying baby while he gave numerous kisses to the baby in the picture. I sure hope he loves baby as much as he does now when he/she joins our home. So far the only signs of jealousy is when mommy is holding another baby he wants to be in mommy's lap too. I am sure proud of the little person our Henry has and continues to become. Oh, how lucky we are.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh that is seriously cute! He is such a sweet natured kid and I have heard that if they are closer together, there is less trauma when the new one comes. I hope it is an easy transition for you! =)
Post a Comment