My sister-in-law to be Emily's bridal shower is this weekend and I wanted to get her something off her registry but also a bit personal. She loves sentimental things and I happened to stumble upon what I think is a great gift idea for anyone. What is it? Well, it's called glass etching. Basically you can permanently etch anything on glass. I got the idea to glass etch their name on an entire Pyrex glass dish set she registered for from a friends blog (well, blog stocking). She is always taking food over to various places and this way she'll never lose track of what is hers. I am super excited about the results and cannot wait to keep on etching! You could etch a serving dish with any design you want, votive glass candle holders, picture frames, you name it! Just think of all the cheap pieces of glass items you can get at the dollar store and etch away for some holiday decor around the house. Can you tell I have a new addiction? Anyway, here are some photos of the final product. Way cooler in person I promise!



I stuffed each dish with smaller kitchen gadgets/towels from her registry as well. Here's a pic of the final basket before I wrap it up with some clear wrapping and make it pretty. :o)

If you are interested in glass etching, check out this blog:
http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/06/glass-etching.html
1 comment:
that is really cool, thanks for sharing. I am going to do this for a wedding gift I need to get!
Post a Comment