Sunday, September 14, 2008

Could It Be?

Yesterday my mother-in-law tested out her trusty gender testing on me (an old wives tale). She did this for all four of her boys, her sisters children and a ton of her friends. And, from what she says it has never failed! I on the other hand am not fully convinced...but it is still fun to try. Basically, you have a sharpened pencil, a pin (not a pen like I thought) and a string. You take the string and tie it around the pin, push it into the eraser of the pencil. You then have someone steady their arm and drop the tied pencil to sit right in front of your belly at a complete stand still. Over the next minute or so the pencil will start moving. It will either move in a circle or back and forth like a pendulum. If it moves in a circle it is a girl. And if it moves back and forth it is a boy. She did this on me 3 times, the first 2 times went into a circle and the 3rd time about an hour later it didn't move at all (maybe she was sleeping!). So, could it be....is this a little girl we are having?!? Place your bets as the countdown has begun...only 1 day away until the results are in! I am so excited I can barely think about anything else, especially after spending the afternoon at my friends Tony & Tara's daughters 3rd bday party yesterday. Everywhere I turned there was a baby just dying to be held! Needless to say I was in heaven!

Oh and we finally sold my car!!!!! So excited to have this taken care of...we were getting worried we wouldn't find any takers! Phew!

1 comment:

The Haigh's said...

Yah! I'm so glad you sold your car.