Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2 Months!

Today Henry is officially 2 months old! He is growing up so fast! We had his check up today which included his first round of shots. He had 1 oral vaccine and 3 injection vaccines in his thighs. I have been really anxious for this appointment as I hate getting shots and the idea of watching my little guy have to go through this just makes my skin crawl. However, I am really proud of both of us. I asked to hold him while they gave him his shots and was able to keep him soothed with sweet nothings and of course the number one accessory in his life - the pacifier! The first shot was given and he didn't even cry. But I think by the time they got to his other leg for his 2 other shots he knew what was up and gave a few screams. But really nothing like I thought it would be like and I was able to get him calm very quickly. I took the advice of other moms and gave him a dose of Baby Tylenol before we even left the docs office and so far he is in great spirits. He even took down 5 1/2 ounces of "boob in a bottle" when we got home and has been all smiles and a chatter box so far. I keep watching him waiting for the fussy spell to hit but so far so good! As for his stats he is literally growing so fast! Check these numbers out:

Height: 25 inches (97th percentile)
Weight: 12 lbs 3 oz (60%)
Head Size: 40.7 cm (70%)

We now switch to the every 2 month check up and don't go back until May. Which I am bummed about as I like the check in on his stats. Guess I will have to find a produce scale at Carpinito Brothers. :o)

Also, my good friend Ashley is in labor!! Henry and I can't wait to meet baby Westyn! We love you Ash!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

What a big boy! Glad he did so well!!