Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Sleep Over

Henry and I had the most amazing weekend with nauna (my mom). Chris and my step-dad were headed out of town so we decided to pack up and stay the weekend in Seattle with nauna. However, Chris ended up sticking around as the lake he was suppose to fish at is still frozen but since we were so excited about the weekend with nauna he didn't mind too much that we still headed out. I think he enjoyed some alone time with his buddies too. Anyway, Friday was gorgeous out so we decided to test out the stroller and went for our first walk around Green Lake. After the walk we decided to press our luck and see how Henry would do at dinner in a restaurant. To my surprise he slept the entire time! There were several other newborns/toddlers at the restaurant and other moms were having to stand to rock their babies. My little guy was on his best behavior and let mom and nauna enjoy a beer and fish and chips. Such a treat. On Saturday morning my mom made me an appointment to get a facial, such a great surprise! I really feel blessed to have such a wonderful mom that Henry just adores too! She takes such good care of us both and I can't wait for our next sleep over. It was really hard to come home but we missed dad too! Chris definitely missed his family and thought Henry gained a few lbs while we were gone! We will find out Wednesday at his 2 month appointment. My guess is he is close to 12 lbs..such a big boy!

As I mentioned in my last post he is very interactive and smiley lately. It really feels like in the last four days he has turned a corner. Longer sleep cycles, more independent down time staring at his "friends" in the room, engaged in baby talk and lots of incredible smiles. He loves to walk around the house and look at everything. I spend a lot of time just walking around talking to him about everything in the room. I heard this can help their communication skills and well he seems to like it. Anyway, here are a few of our favorite pics from the weekend.


5 comments:

thuriks said...

He is changing so much. Very cute!

Blyth Family Blog said...

I love that first pic, he's a doll!!

The Haigh's said...

I love the 2nd pic in the knit hat - he looks like a little elf. What a beautiful little boy you have there.

Erin said...

He is so cute! And looks like such a happy baby!

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

He is so adorable! Soak it all up!