Monday, April 20, 2009

Friendship & Mommyhood

I know it sounds mushy but I really feel so blessed to have such a wonderful circle of girlfriends in my life. Last week reminded me how blessed I am and thankful to have friends to share this journey of mommyhood with.

Thursday Ayla and Alicia came over for a play date. Ayla just loved Henry and was really checking out a real live baby! It was pretty darn cute to watch her explore him and to see how much she has developed in these past couple months. I can't wait for Henry to really be able to interact with other little ones.
On Friday Katie hosted some of us girls for lunch with the little ones. At one point I think we all had to take in the scenery....babies everywhere! Funny how things change. The simple chitchat of life after babies and enjoying one anothers company over lunch (and of course champagne!) was absolutely refreshing and a routine I hope we continue to do. Saturday, Camille took the train up from Portland to see us. It was so great to see one of my best friends and introduce Henry to her. She was a natural and really loved every minute of it. Dad watched Henry for the night so we could have some girl time and catch up. I so cherish this time with her and cant wait to get down to Portland to see her again soon. Anyway, today Henry and I have been enjoying the sunshine and really soaking in how lucky we are to have such an incredible family and group of friends in our life. I think Henry's smile says it all!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Such a long bean he is! That smile is contagious, that's for sure! Looks like you guys are doing great! Good for you getting some "mommy time" too!

Keri said...

Love our mommy time! Can't wait for Makena to meet Handsome Henry. Let's do lunch again soon!
Love you.