Monday, April 6, 2009

Fun In The Sun

We had such a great weekend soaking up the beautiful Seattle Sunshine! Truly I don't think there are many places on Earth more beautiful than Seattle when we have weather like we did yesterday (and today!).

Anyway, we had an action packed weekend. Saturday morning Henry and I headed up to Seattle to visit my parents. They just bought the Bob Stroller so we wanted to take it for a spin around Green Lake. By the time I got up there it was lunch time so we decided to just walk to lunch. The catch....Henry was awake! The other two trips to a restaurant he has been asleep. So I wasn't sure what we were getting ourselves into. However, he loves his Bob so much he sat there at the table with us happy as can be. Chris drove up a little later and he and I walked down a couple blocks from my parents to a total dive bar to watch the UNC B-ball game and have a pitcher of beer. My parents live 7 blocks from Green Lake and right in the middle of great choices of outdoor activities, restaurants, movie theaters, etc yet you wouldn't even know it was all there as their neighborhood is such a cute and kid friendly place. One neighbor just had a little girl and the other has a 1 year old boy. Henry will definitely get lots of sidewalk chalk playtime with them I am sure of it! ;o)

Moving on to Sunday. Chris made mom breakfast in bed and then we got up a ready and finally bought a video camera! I still need to learn to use it but we are very excited to capture Henry moments and share with you all as we certainly think they are priceless! After that we packed up the dogs and headed up to the family lake house on Lake Meridan (just about 10 minutes from our house). Henry loved his baby bjorn and wore a baseball cap for the first time! It was so warm and sunny that I was worried about him getting burned so I walked around with an umbrella to protect him as well. Pretty funny! Anyway, here are a few pics from the weekend. Hope the rest of you in Seattle enjoyed the sun. We are off to walk later today and soak up some more Vitamin D!

4 comments:

Keri said...

He's getting so big!! Can't believe I haven't met him yet...hopefully soon! Glad you had a great weekend - hope that sunshine sticks around...

Jen said...

Looks like a gorgeous weekend, can just picture walking around Green Lake with a little baby-sounds like life is good! Glad to see someone using their Baby Bjorn-we got one much to the protest of just about every parent we know who never got it out of the box and I fully intend on using it! x

Stacie said...

What a great weekend!! Henry's such a doll :)

Kalamakis said...

What a cutie and he is getting so big! You look great too!! Glad to hear you are having fun together!