Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sun Lakes

Well this past weekend marked the first time Chris and I were away from Henry for an extended period of time. Every year for the past 20+ years Chris' family heads over to Sun Lakes for opening fishing weekend to camp and fish with family and close friends. This marked the 6th year I have been and we both look forward to it every year. However, this year I was a bit unsure about heading over to Eastern Washington without our little guy. After about 3 melt downs (all before reaching North Bend) I pulled it together and focused on having the best time possible with my hubby. We have had zero time for one another and really needed this weekend to kick back and have a few laughs together. And I am happy to say we did just that and absolutely enjoyed every minute of it. I will admit that I had to call my parents 2 - 3 times a day to check in on Henry but aside from the mid-afternoon love sick feeling of missing him so much I did really well. I can't wait for next year when we can take Henry with us. He is just too little for camping and boating just yet.

Anyway, here are some pics of our weekend. I will post an update on Henry's adventrous weekend with my parents (nauna and bapa) later this week. :o)

Alicia & Ayla enjoying the sunshine:
Ayla in the driver's seat:Anthony's first catch of the day:
Uncle Tommy:
Grandpa Dan:
Johanna & Snickers giving eachother loves:

1 comment:

Blyth Family Blog said...

yay, glad you got out and had some time for yourselves! That's so important now isn't it??! Hope you guys are doing good, Henry is too cute:)