Henry hit 4 months yesterday and today we had his check up with the doc. He is doing fantastic and we couldn't be more proud! Here are his stats!
Height: 27 1/8 inches (97%) **Still very tall!
Weight: 16 lbs (75%)
Head Circ: 43.7 CM (85%)
The doc said he is a very healthy, proportionate little boy. He was such a show off today (which mom loved it). He was talking, laughing, kicking and smiling a ton. He also did very well with his second round of shots. Such a big boy!
Next on the list...we can start giving him rice cereal/baby food anytime between now and 6 months. Most commonly closer to 5 months. But the doc said once he starts really noticing our food and grabbing at it that is a great sign to start other foods aside from liquid. Which I found really funny because Henry is really curious about our food and watches and often laughs when I am eating food in front of him. I am not quite ready for the rice cereal yet and think we will probably wait to closer to 5 months. Then once we get that routine down we will try veggies/fruit, which I am going to make myself and can't wait!
The other item on the list is a convertible car seat. The doc recommends that we move to a rear facing covertible seat by 20 lbs OR the max length of your infant car seat (usually 26 - 30 inches). Luckily ours goes to 30 inches but he is fast approaching the 20 lb weight limit! I would imagine by his 6 month appointment we will be ready for the rear facing convertible seat. Growing so fast!
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe I have not met Henry yet. He is such a HAPPY baby and I LOVE his beautiful smile... I love to look at his pics, always puts a smile on my face :)
Post a Comment