I had so much fun making Henry's baby food this evening that I just had to share! My mother-in-law bought us this machine called the BabyCook for my shower and I finally put it to the test. Since we have been giving Henry solids for about 3 months now and have covered most of the first foods recommended I felt comfortable enough to give it a whirl on my own. Also, since we have acres of fresh produce right out our front door how could I not save a buck or two? Anyway, I went to the farm and grabbed a bunch of carrots and green beans and went to work. Super easy. Just clean, steam and blend. And, this machine does all the steaming and blending in one device. So fun. It's not the exact consistency as what you will buy in the store so I will have to report back on how Henry's taste buds rate the meal!
In my research for information online about various baby foods and tips on making safe and healthy foods at home I stumbled upon the below website. So helpful!
http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Fun! I can't wait to do this. Here in England it's unheard of to buy pre-made food, everyone makes their own. Annabel Karmel is the Martha Stewart of baby food, check out her site: http://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/babies-6-9-months/weaning_baby_trio_root_vegetables. On the left are a list of great recipes, you would have to convert them to US measurements but that's fairly easy and there are some great combo suggestions. Enjoy!
Yeah! good for you. We tried to do this but they were super averse to the texture of the ones I made. So we ended up doing the jar stuff. Seems like forever ago already. Have fun making your own! Can't believe how grown up Henry is already. It happens to fast. Next up will be his one year bday!
So funny, I was thinking of writing a post just about baby food cause I make mine with my magic bullet and I love that thing! Good for you for doing it yourself, so much better for our little guys :) Miles is a big fan apples and avacado mix :)
You guys are the best organic hands-on mommies. I am lucky I get to hear it first from you. :) Make sure you post his fav. food combos someday.
That is so awesome! Thanks for posting....I wanna try making it - probably a lot better for them and less expensive too.
Post a Comment