Friday, February 26, 2010
Quick Update
I am almost 14 weeks and really trying to stop counting down the days (hours) and focus on living each day to the fullest. I am constantly thinking about how much longer until we get to 16 weeks and hopefully some of the restrictions from the hemorrhage will lift but really 20 weeks is our next big milestone. It’s really hard to not have those dates in the back of my head when my everyday activity is constantly affected. My dad has been here for almost a week and it has helped a lot to have someone around to help do the basics (in and out of bed, my lap, the car, high chair, changing table, bath tub, etc) but I truly miss really holding and squeezing my baby. Henry does cuddle with me for a bit and still covers me with kisses daily but I miss the bear hugs and walking down the hall with his little arms wrapped around me. He seems to not notice too much as his schedule/routine hasn’t been affected (which I have been trying really hard to maintain) but it sure does eat at mama. Anyway, chin up. Could be worse and I have to focus on each day and not get too ahead of myself. As far as the latest news on baby#2, everything is great. I had another ultrasound this past week as I had another bleeding episode in the middle of the night, luckily this was “old blood” and is due to the original hemorrhage. I lost about 75% of the “old blood” but will likely still have 1 – 2 more bleeding episodes before it is cleared out. After each of these releases I have to get an ultrasound to make sure the baby is ok and the placenta is not bleeding. So far so good. I must say it’s pretty frightening each time it happens but at least now I know what to expect. However, the bad news is this is something we will have to deal with the entire pregnancy. 16 weeks gets us to our first milestone as the baby will be significantly bigger than the hemorrhage which is good. 20 weeks we will be able to start seeing trends in fetal growth to determine the extent of the placental damage, as some damage is likely. Hopefully it’s only a small spot and the baby can grow at a normal rate. However, worst case is it functions more at 60% and we have to worry about low birth weight due to the placenta not functioning at 100%. But given Henry was almost 9 pounds we are not too worried about that just yet. The doc said just a normal/average birth weight is all we are aiming for. Which given I can’t workout or even do much normal activity I don’t think that will be a problem as I am already starting to show sooo much! Ugh. Anyway, boring post (no pics to share) but wanted to keep you all posted on the latest in the Carp Household. Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thinking of you!! xoxo
I am thinking positive positive for you and your family. You are one tough cookie and I am sure that little one "girl" is too. xoxo.
I am so happy everything is going well. I'm so sorry you have to go through this stress, it sucks. But...will be SO worth it :)
Have fun sitting on your butt, you will never be able to do it once #2is born!!!
Post a Comment