Thursday, July 24, 2008

13 Weeks!!!

Well we made it to 13 weeks (well technically tomorrow..but close enough)! So thankful to be jumping into the second trimester with a healthy baby! Today we had one part of the integrated screen complete, which consists of an ultrasound and blood work. The ultrasound was amazing! It was a really long appointment but gave us tons of time to watch the little one move around, suck his thumb (at least thats what it looked like) and lay there with his little legs crossed. Notice I keep saying "he" as we both think this little one is a boy. But, either way we will be very happy. The baby is measuring exactly where he should and everything from the test looked like what the doctors call "normal." The heartbeat was at 155, nice and strong. The ultrasound actually showed the heart beating away, but also you could see the brain developing, the spinal cord and skeletal bones forming. Really incredible the details these tests give you. Overall, we walked away from the appointment feeling very happy and excited! However, I of course couldn't have a ultrasound without a little drama. To sum it up the doctor at the speciality clinic (not my regular OB thank goodness!) made an error in his first diagnosis and gave us quite the scare. He basically read the wrong chart and told us that we were at a high risk of a genetic disorder. However, I just knew in my heart that he was wrong and kept asking questions and probing; basically told him I was going to get a second opinion. Finally after we were in the nurses room getting my blood drawn he stopped back in and apologized and told us he was reading the wrong chart and everything with our baby is perfectly fine. Not extremely happy with our experience with this doctor but I just have to focus on the positive news that in fact everything is just fine with our little one! Phew! Not the best rollercoaster ride I have ever been on thats for sure. Anyway, I got several pictures of the baby but the quality does not do it justice at all. Even the pics I have are way better than the quality of this scan but at least it gives you a sneak peak of Baby Carpinito!



Full View of Baby:



Profile View of Baby:
Another Profile View:
13 Weeks - little tiny weeny belly....


7 comments:

Stacie said...

So exciting! Glad everything is going well!!

Shelby said...

Wow! What a day! I'm glad it was all good news (damn doctors) :) Looking forward to following along on your journey!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both. Glad baby and mom are healthy and doing well.

Erin said...

Congrats Misty and Carp! Such a scary thing for the doctor to read the wrong chart to you, but glad to hear that everything is going well!

Kalamakis said...

Congrats you two!!! I am so excited for you. You are both going to be such great parents! I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear more about baby Carp! Glad to hear you and baby are happy and healthy! :)

Tena said...

I'm so glad they have something like this so you can share this with us, it is like being there with you. If anyone deserves to be parents it is Chris and you and you will be great parents. I can't wait to meet this little one. Update on Josh and Autumn's little one, she is doing fine she will go for her second ultrasound on Sept 9 and I will let you know how it goes. I love you guys and I miss you alot.

Love
Aunt Tena

Cmerie said...

So cute! Isn't it amazing being able to see your little one like that before you can even hold him/her? By the way, I love your shirt! ;-)