Friday, July 11, 2008

First Trimester Update

As I approach the end of my first trimester I cant help to think how time has flown by so quickly. While at times it has felt like it has taken forever to get to a place where I can share my news and celebrate this journey with all of you it also feels like time has been going at lightning speed! Chris and I couldnt be more excited than we are right now. We found out we were pregnant on May 22nd, just about 4 weeks along and after 3 negative pregnancy tests the days approaching the 22nd I decided I probably wasn't pregnant and set out to buy a nice bottle of wine. However, something was telling me just take one last test before you crack open that bottle, and to my surprise I read "Pregnant." Needless to say that bottle of wine is still sitting on my wine rack waiting for a very long time until mom can enjoy it! Since that day we have had several visits with my doctor, who at times seems like he is becoming a part of the family after all the time we have spent together in the past year. At 7 weeks we had our first ultrasound and everything was perfectly placed in the right spot and looking good! At 10 weeks I happened to get a patch of bug bites on one leg after sitting outside enjoying the sunshine at a girlfriends house and ran into the doctor to get something to help the swelling and itch and I ran into my OB since he is in the same office as my primary care physician. He offered to take me back and hear the heartbeat and of course I couldnt resist! So, for the first time I was able to hear my babies heart beating away through my belly! Technology really is amazing! We had a more thorough appointment yesterday and once again was able to hear the strong heartbeat (about 150) loud and clear! Really the most incredible sound I have ever heard come out of my body...lol! At this point the doctor has basically told me we are out of the woods and having this baby! I am looking forward to jumping into our next trimester and really being able to take a deep breath. I truly believe with all of my heart that this is it! We really are having a baby! As my belly grows I am sure it will hit home even a bit more. Until next time, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

thuriks said...

Yeah I am so happy you started your blog. Cannot wait to follow you through this amazing journey! Lots of hugs, prayers & love.

Tena said...

Misty and Chris,
We are so excited for you guys and are glad that you decided to share it with us. This makes us feel that we are there with you guys. I can't wait to meet my great niece or nephew and also to introduce it to my new addition my second grandchild which will be your additions 2nd cousin.

We love you guys
Tena and Family

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I am so excited for you guys. I cant wait to hear more about as time goes on. CONGRATS!

Stacie said...

Misty and Carp: Cogratulations on your great news! THinking good thoughts for you two and baby!!!
XO
Stacie

Cmerie said...

Congratulations! We were both so happy to hear that your pregnancy was going so well. We are keeping you in your prayers.