I wanted to make sure we got some special time in today for just the 3 of us to go play but we also needed to get some things done around the house. After a morning of cleaning up and making sure everything was ready to go we set off this afternoon to have some quality family time at my in-laws place on Brown's Point (Puget Sound). And as a special treat for Henry and to keep mom or dad from having to cook or do dishes we went out to Red Robin. Nothing too fancy but a nice afternoon with my boys. However, I noticed earlier in the afternoon that Henry felt a bit warm and definitely his behavior was starting to shift to being more needy/fussy than usual. After we got home we discovered he does in fact have a low grade fever. Perfect timing. A child that has never really had a fever (not bad for being 19 months old!) is making his super emotional mommy very worried/stressed out. Logically I know it's nothing to worry about as I have a feeling it's his 2 year molars, but logical thinking is not my best suit right now. The emotional side of me is certainly out to play. It makes me sad knowing that mommy may not be able to be here to nurse him back to good health. I guess I am starting to feel that tug of war of where should I be. With new baby or with my little boy who so wants to cuddle with mommy right now. I just hope by morning the fever has passed and he is in good spirits. The last thing I want is to be stuck in the hospital and not be able to check in on my little monkey, not to mention not being able to fully focus on the arrival of our new little one. Anyway, please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers as we jump into the next chapter of our lives as a family of 4!
Here are a few pics from our family outing today.





No comments:
Post a Comment