This morning I had my monthly appointment with our doctor and everything went perfect! Our baby is growing exactly as he should and is still in the head down position. His heart was beating so strong. He even gave the doctor a little kick. I so enjoy these appointments. My blood pressure and weight checked out perfectly as well. I actually did really well these last 4 weeks in weight gain and am still right on track. Our next appointment is in 2 weeks and we will have our final test (strep test and cervical exam) before he arrives. This test is standard for all pregnancies. The doc said that based on this cervical exam we may be able to predict just about how long I will go (early, due date or late). This is definitely a guesstimate but if I am already dilated a bit then that is a great sign that he will be here before we know it. If he is still sitting pretty high then I might be in for a bit of a wait. All and all everything is great and we will update you at our next appointment.
Also we had our 3rd birth class tonight. Chris got to see his first live birth video. His response after was "Crazy!" LOL...these classes really help as I think it puts things in perspective a bit for him and exactly what we are in for. They also explained the type of medications you can get and Chris finally realized why I want to try as long as possible without any meds. It's not as easy as pie as many may think and there really is a lot to think about when making your decisions. Bottom line we are gathering all the resources to build our birth plan and on his day of arrival we will do what feels right. But, if I can find the power within me I really want to do this natural but we will see.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you:) I thought that way too be got some drugs about 20 minutes after I got to the hospital:) I hope you're stronger than I am!! I'm not going to lie, it HURTS!! But, women have been doing it for years without drugs, so you can do it if you put your mind to it, and your not a weenie like me! I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Mist~ I did it 4 times... If I can do it then you can... but maybe I would take the drugs if I had to do it all again... LOVE YA!
Post a Comment