Monday, August 17, 2009

This and That

I have to say I am so thankful to have so many friends on this journey of motherhood with me. The past few weeks have not been easy and just the simple chats, words of advice or just knowing if you need to pick up the phone there are numerous friends that I could call. What a blessing we all have to be able to lean on one another and know you are not alone. Motherhood is the best gift I have ever received and I am loving every day with my family. But I will admit it's not easy, nor did I expect it to be. However I wouldn't trade my life for the world. I get to spend every minute with the most precious little boy and watch the amazing transformation each and every day brings. You can't really prepare for this chapter of your life and you learn as you go; which can be exciting and frightening at the same time. All I can say is you have to be ready to give 110% of yourself to someone else and maybe just maybe find a few minutes for you (and your husband!). Which in the end is all worth it when you get to experience this unconditional love that simply no words can explain. By the time the day is over I am beat and I am a stay at home mom. My hat is really off to all you ladies who get up and work outside of the home and have families to take care of as well. You really all are super women to me!
On another note, I truly think that I have one of the happiest babies on the planet. Which really gives me more energy to get through each day than I could ever get from a cup of coffee (well ok maybe not!) Anyway, he is so funny, has the best laugh, chats all the time and has recently discovered how to blow bubbles with his drool...yep pretty gross but we think it's cute. Grandpa calls it the motorboat as he makes this really funny noise to go along with all the slobber. I really can't express how much love I have for this little man in my life. I find myself giggling all the time when I think of all our adventures. Anyway, here are a few of our favorite pics from the weekend. We were able to celebrate Henry's good friend Ayla's first birthday! After the party mom, dad and baby headed down to the family house on Browns Point to enjoy some of the Puget Sound view. Nothing like sitting out with your wonderful family along the beach on a sunny Seattle day.
Birthday girl waiting for her cake in front of about 20 adults staring at her:

Showing off for the crowd playing peak-a-boo while taking a break from her cake:Ayla's Auntie Christina and Henry meeting for the first time:Henry and Grandpa having a chat:

Brown's Point:

2 comments:

The Haigh's said...

Wow, look at that view at the Browns Point home??!! Beautiful! Mist - you are such a good Mommy and whatever you are doing you are doing it right, just look at your perfect little baby boy...he's proof.

Stacie said...

What a sweet post Mist! You are a wonderful Mommy and wife, your boys are lucky to have you!!