Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Birth Class
Yesterday was our first birth class of the 4 week series. We actually both really enjoyed it and are by far the fun couple of the class! As my girlfriend Ashley said, "We will be the teachers pets" by the end of the series. I have to admit I totally agree. There are about 7 couples total, all due within the same month and all but 1 with their first baby. It was interesting to hear each person describe what comes to mind when they think of labor. Every single person said pain or fear. Which really does not represent the feelings Chris or I are having at this point. I honestly can say that I am not scared and am really looking forward to experiencing this miracle of life. I guess at this point I am just viewing this class as an opportunity to absorb information and give us the tools to have a positive birth experience. Maybe the fear will set in as we get closer but I do believe knowledge builds confidence and this class will give us the knowledge we need to at least have some what of a clue as to what we are doing. Anyway, this class focused on a few key breathing exercises, exercises for building my muscles for birth, how to time contractions, relaxation techniques and the overall anatomy of a pregnant women. Next week we really get into the stages of labor...the good, bad and ugly! So until then I will be doing my daily homework of breathe work, positive visualization of being in labor, squats to help build my legs muscles in case I have to be in the squatting position to deliver, pelvic tilts to build the back muscle and kegal exercises to help during pushing and to prevent having to wear Depends later in life!! 9 more weeks and counting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you are enjoying your class! Fear doesn't really have to be a part of birth, and I agree with you, knowledge does build confidence!
Post a Comment