This weekend was a busy one! I definitely think from here on out I need to chill out a bit more and not book my calendar so much as it is starting to catch up with me. I just don’t know how to lay around very well.
Anyway, Saturday we went up to our friend Brenda & Tylers house in Magnolia for a Crab Feed & “Crapple Cup” Bash. It was really fun to get together with some Cougs we haven’t seen in a really long time. Watching the game and catching up with old friends really brought back a lot of memories of roaming the streets of Pullman. I definitely feel very blessed to have had such an incredible college experience. There is just something that bonds you to fellow Cougs that you knew during those days that no matter how much time has passed you still have this sense of family. Those years were some of the best times of my life. Who would have ever thought that I would have met my future husband at WSU! So thankful to have met a life partner that fully understands the connection and experience living in the Palouse gives you. Maybe one day I will get to go back for Mom’s Weekend! After the Coug Bash, I headed out to the New Kids On the Block Concert with my friend Ryan from work. I was a HUGE NKOTB fan in elementary school. My mom recently found a letter I wrote to them in 4th grade asking them to come perform at our talent show, so funny. It was comically how much they all look and sound the same. Pretty funny and oh so entertaining. I don’t think I have heard girls scream like that ever! I actually started to get worried that our poor baby might be a bit alarmed by the noise, so I took my bulky sweater off and put it around my belly and my purse in front of where his head is to try to muffle the noise. I guess after a day of Cougs and NKOTB he probably was ready for some peace and quiet.
And, to top off the eventful weekend I was pleasantly surprised that my bedding came in! They originally told me it would take up to mid-December but it came in early! My mother-in-law and I picked it up yesterday and put it all together. It looks amazing! Once I get the crib sheets on I will take some pics and show you all. But, until my showers are over I am not buying anything else so it will be a couple weeks until I post pics.
Anyway, we start our birth classes tomorrow. I will let you all know how it goes. I am really looking forward to the 4 week series as I am sure it will start to really hit home for Chris that we are having a baby and exactly what role he gets to play during the birth. :o)
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE NKOTB! When I was young, (and my mom might still have them somewhere) I had a Jonathan and a Joey doll. *sigh...Joey* ;-) I even still have a New Kids coat somewhere.
I didn't know they still did shows. How fun!
Oh my gosh. I wish I knew you were going to New Kids. I went too - with some friends from high school. I love it! Great concert huh? NKOTB 4 ever, I grew up obsessed with them, sleeping bag, watches, t shirts, posters... Made me wish I would have kept all my memorabilia!
Post a Comment