Sunday, November 16, 2008

Busy Boy

Just when I thought there was no way I could possible feel any more intensity to the baby movements he proves me wrong. It actually took me by surprise as it is so spastic and jerky. Not like anything I have felt up to this point. I started to wonder if it was normal it was so crazy. But, after some reading I have found many moms actually have felt this "seizure like" movement. It only lasts for a few seconds and then he always follows with moving some body part or another from one side of my belly to the other. At times it honestly feels like a body part is going to pop out of my skin. I can totally tell he is running out of room in there and while it doesn't necessarily hurt when he rolls over it does feel much more intense than it used to. Last night he kept me up for awhile as he had the hiccups for a really long time. It's a constant flutter that happens in the exact same intervals for a period of time. Really kind of funny as I can just picture him in there hiccuping. I actually grabbed Chris' hand and put it on my belly and he was really shocked at how much activity I am actually felling right now. It's no longer a waiting game for him to move, it's become more of a waiting game for him to go to sleep so mom can sleep too. But, honestly I just love to feel him and am happy to lose some sleep for these special moments. However, if his activity inside is any indication of what he will be like once he joins our world I am going to get in great shape chasing him around! I am really going to miss the fetal movement inside of me once he joins our world, as it is the most amazing sensation I have ever had in my entire life. Although, holding him in my arms is going to be the best gift ever I am starting to think about when I don't get these little movements in my body that he and I just share and it makes me want to savour each and every day until he arrives. I guess that feeling of they grow up so fast is starting to hit home in a different way. I really love being pregnant and am going to love being a mom even more. Such a blessing.

No comments: