Thursday, May 26, 2011

Body Back Complete!

Today I completed my last group workout with the ladies of Body Back Kent.  8 weeks ago I jumped into this boot camp style workout ready to make a change but a bit nervous about the time commitment.  However, I made it and lost a lot of pounds and inches in just 8 weeks!  The workout consisted of a meal plan (2 different journals with recipes & grab-n-go options), 2 day a week morning workouts together at 6am that concentrated on cardio, strength and abs every class and at home DVD's for total body & abs.  The woman who created this program is a mom and made it her sole purpose to create a program easy for a mom to take that time for herself.  The DVD's are in 20 minute increments and the meals have tons of options.  Totally doable if your head is in the right place.  With this program I was able to get just about all of my baby weight from #2 off and drop 2 pant sizes!  I still have some work to do as I wasn't in the best shape before I got pregnant with #2.  Next up...getting down another pant size/10 more pounds off!  Here are my results and the before and after pics (don't laugh it's 6am folks)!
Weight Lost: 17 lbs
Inches Lost in Hips: 4.5 inches!
Inches Lost in Chest: 2 inches
Inches Lost in Waist: 1.5 inches
Improved my timed mile to an 8:37 (fastest in my entire life...not a long distance runner at all)
Improved my timed plank to 2:10 (an entire minute longer!)
Overall I improved in my timed assessment in all categories for bicep curls, push ups, sit ups, squats!

Before & After Pics (Before in long sleeves & after in tank...but same pants). Check out the bootie I had before I got started....I had NO idea baby had that much back.   You can also see a glimmer of light between my upper inner thighs...no more chaffing!

As I said before, still got some work to do.  But, I am pretty happy with myself.  My life has changed.  I am a better role model for my family.  I have improved my mental health and feel fantastic.  Next up, the half marathon I am training for in September!  Yikes!  Still running only about 4 miles currently but I have some time to build up to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work Misty! You look amazing