This past Monday, 23rd, Olie turned 9 months old! This day was a HUGE turning point for us as he slept in his own room, in his own crib, for the first time since he was born! No joke he has been held or laying right up against Chris or I (mostly me) since birth. The sleep training we tried a few times along the way was not successful due to the massive vomit that covered him from head to toe every single time. The doc said wait, he will be ready. So we waited. Something inside me told me to go for it on Sunday night...so I listened. 15 minutes of crying and out. What?!? No vomit? Well he can sit up and move around now so when he was crying he seemed to keep down the liquid. Night 2 only 2 minutes of crying. Night 3 on 2 seconds of crying and only had to be soothed 1 time at 2:30am. Night 4 NO crying and is sleeping soundly as I type this out. I've been walking around in circles since both boys went to bed wondering what do I do with myself. So I cleaned, I got my workout clothes ready for the morning, prepped the coffee pot and stood there. So here I am, blogging without rushing, without a child on my lap, without anything but my own thoughts and the snoring of my husband as he enjoys his chair, some sports and NO baby in his arms either. Oh how sweet this new found freedom is. Now back to our adorable curly haired little boy Oliver. What's new with this kid? Here's a few top of mind milestones/tricks:
- This past week has learned to clap (check out previous post for the video). Absolutely hysterical to watch him do this all day long. He is truly very proud.
- If you're not careful he will dive off anything. No fear. Dad has already caught him by his foot as he tried to belly slide down the side of big brother's race car bed.
- He has 3 teeth...the bottom two (normal) & a top side tooth (hello Edward!)
- That sweet smile. Never stops. Doesn't care who it is...he will take you in with that big smile. It's like a touch of heaven every single time. Not to mention those wonderful, slobber kisses I get every single minute of the day. Yeah, he kind of likes his mama....a lot. No complaints here!
- He can pull himself up to his knees but not to a stand yet. If you stand him up to a piece of furniture he will balance but can't do it by himself yet. Soon I am sure as he is very close.
- Food....he is our eater! Already can tell he does not want anymore baby food. He gives me that look like "hey lady I see what's on your plate and I want that, not this pureed crappy stuff!" So, we have dove in with the finger foods....bread, muffins, Gerber puffs, crackers (Mum Mums..can't even show him the package he is that addicted!), cheese, yogurt, chicken, pieces of banana. He loves it all!
- Olie started crawling at 8 months & 1 week
- His big brother is still his hero, no matter how many times he gets yelled at, hit in the head or fingers stomped on. He truly adores Henry. It's truly amazing and heart warming to see.
Olie, we had no idea we had room in our hearts to love another child as much as we do your brother. You both are truly a gift from above. Perfect in every way. My life is better with you here to share it with. Those baby blues will forever swoop me off my feet. I love you forever and always. No matter where we are in this world your mama will always be sending you love. I love you little man!
Now for the stats:
Height: 30.2" (95%)
Weight: 21 lbs 4 1/2oz (70%)
Head Circ: 18 1/2 (90%)
Compared to big bubby at 9 months...
Henry..Height: 31 1/2" & Weight 22 lbs
And, some more cuteness...
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment