Sunday, October 26, 2008

One step closer...

Well, we did it! The nursery is as complete as it can get right now and looks amazing! The only thing we are waiting for is the glider (chair) and the bedding. Other than that the room is all put together and just needs some decorations, which is going to be so fun. I have some great ideas that I will share once I get them up (top secret for now). Chris is getting us a new USB cord for the camera and I will download some pics later this week.

Also, I went on the birth center tour today at Valley Medical with my mom. Chris was working hard at the pumpkin patch and couldn't join us. There were several other families there and majority were due in January as well. It actually made me feel pretty good as I "matched" up well in terms of size with the other moms. It's so hard to know how you look when you have nothing to compare yourself to. I know we all have different body types and will carry pregnancy differently but it was so nice to see that I was measuring about the same as the other gals and look pretty darn good if you ask me! ;o) As for the tour, it was short and sweet but gave me just the right information to start visualizing my birth. Many of you know I just have to have a visual of my surrounding to really get prepared and focused for things. I often say to my friends when they move, I need to come over and see your place so I can visualize where you are sitting when we are chatting on the phone. I like to "see" moments in my mind. The birth suite is very clean and cozy for a hospital. It's not quite as big and home like as a true birth center (outside of a hospital) but all and all it is very nice. It is all becoming so real now. At the end of this week I will officially be in the final trimester and getting a step closer to meeting our little boy. I just love him so much already and can't wait to kiss his cute little cheeks.

2 comments:

Joe and Ronda said...

I can't wait to see pictures! How exciting.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you to kiss his cheeks either! I am excited to see the nursery. I would give you recomendations on decor websites, but all mine are totally girly:) Also, Valley is the best - everyone is so caring and helpful! Those two days in the hospital are SO special and I am excited for you and Chris to experience that together. He will be here before you know it!