Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Parking
Today I had an interesting turn of events and a bit of an embarrassing moment! To sum it up I was pulling into a parking garage at MS, where parking is really hard to find at times and instantly saw front row parking. I thought, "yes, VIP parking what a great way to start the day!" I pulled in to the spot, got out and started to walk away and thought to myself "it says compact I sure hope someone doesn't park real close to me." As you know I am now driving an SUV and am still getting used to the change from a sports car. Anyway, I proceeded to my meeting not worrying about the compact spot and didn't think about it again until the end of the day. My co-worker Ty needed a ride after the meeting so he and I were walking back to my car and I said to him half jokingly, "I sure hope someone didn't park too close to me as I may not be able to get in!" We both put our stuff in the car and he gets in. I approach the driver side open the door and attempt to get in the car but wait my belly doesn't fit. I tried to turn sideways towards the left and then towards the right and finally said 'Ty, I don't think I can fit!" He then said, "Can you try it belly first and then wiggle in?" So, I turned facing the opening and nope just belly...no way my hips were also getting in that little spot. At this point we were both laughing so hard. I had to have him get out and pull my car out of the parking spot for me. Needless to say it was one of the funniest moments I have had thus far in the pregnancy and a tad bit embarrassing. However, he and his wife just had a little girl a couple months ago so totally can relate. I guess bottom line is I can't get tempted by those VIP parking spots anymore and need to find the ones that offer a bit more room for my big rig and big belly! I am only 30 weeks...can't imagine how hard it's going to be as we continue on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is really funny!
That was definitely a laugh out loud post. I can totallly picture you trying to get in your car with no luck. Gotta love it Mist.
Too funny! Such a great story
Hilarious!!
So funny. When I was pregnant with my ds, I drove our little Ford Escort. My belly got so big that towards the end of the pregnancy, I couldn't drive very well anymore, because my belly bumped into the stearing wheel, and my legs were too short to reach the peddles. ;-)
Post a Comment